1.09.2012

What to Wear: Interview Looks


Last week I had an interview at a PR agency and I was once again stumped on what to wear. I believe I am very careful yet creative with what I wear to an interview because you want to feel comfortable while hiding those uncomfortable thoughts of "i need this job, please hire me, what are my best skills" and you have to leave a professional and unique flavor to the interview when it comes to attire, resume look, speaking abilities, and personality. 
Interview looks are about you and the job you want - so don't be afraid to step out of the 'normal' white long sleeve button down, black blazer, black trousers, and black pumps. Add some 'paaazzazz' with a cobalt button down or funky classy earrings or color block shoes or dress. My friends and I have different interview looks but as you can see we add a little something different - graphic print, bold jewelry, and textured fabric.

need some interview look pointers? read this! ---> Interview Dress Code

Items all from Net-A-Porter

Nude Pumps: Giuseppe Zanotti, $550
B/W Ballet Flats: Pierre Hardy, $645
Earrings: Oscar de la Renta, $225
Block Print Dress: Proenza Schouler , $895
Cobalt Blouse: Tibi, $285
B/W Blouse: Haute Hippie, $285
Black Blazer: Girl. By Band of Outsiders, $635

Net-A-Porter Model Look: 3.1 Phillip Lim top and pants, Eddie Borgo bracelet, Alexander Wang shoes, Alaïa bag, and Bottega Veneta bracelet.

Mad Men actress, January Jones celebrates her 34th birthday look while out in West Hollywood, California.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...