1.16.2012

What They Wore: Golden Globes



I've always wanted a sexy peacock costume ala Playboy Mansion and I still have my eye on a faux wrap peacock dress at Ponte Vecchio boutique - therefore, when I saw Evan Rachel Wood, she was definitely in my best dressed list.

In an emerald trumpet-hem halter featuring sequins, feathers and even scales Gucci Premiere dress. She finishes the look with Fred Leighton jewels and a Roger Vivier clutch.




I missed Natalie Portman walk the red carpet but her dress looked stunning on stage. I immediately fell for it for 2 reasons: pink and red (2011 and on going 2012 color combo trend) and unconventional color choice.

Natalie is wearing a pink custom Lanvin gown with pops of red, Jimmy Choo sandals, a Tiffany & Co. clutch and more than 55 carats of Harry Winston jewels.


I'm not exactly sure about the eagle belt but it definitely added a lil funk to her look like Zooey and her nails.

The red is just so dramatic on her porcelain skin and easy to carry. Emma Stone dons a plunging eggplant gown with contrasting red accents, a dramatic belt and crystal-studded heels – all by Lanvin – topped off with a Cartier clutch.



I've been meaning to do a post solely on Rooney Mara, she's been killing the red carpets lately with her exceptional style, poise, and cutouts.

The best actress nominee for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo shows off her killer figure in Pre-Fall 2012 black Nina Ricci, Christian Louboutin heels and a Fred Leighton ring.



My favorite 'new' girl, Zooey Deschanel didn't look spectacular on the red carpet. the dress was a bit blah but it photographs well and i think if i were her, i would have done the bangs, smoky eye makeup, tuxedo painted nails, and kept it safe and comfortable. 

Zooey is wearing custom Prada, accented with Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry. 




This is my pick for WORST DRESS. sorry, I never do this but this is just bad. Unlike Natalie Portman's unconventional color pick this is an example of bad style judgement or in Sarah Michelle Gellar's defense, her daughter picked the dress out for her (smh). you were going to the Golden Globes not prom.

SMG is wearing Monique Lhuillier.


photos via: people stylewatch and socialite life blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...