10.21.2010

December-Where-Wear

Last Sunday, I went strolling through Soho and went to every store and art gallery I could. First of all, I don't think I've ever enjoyed Soho so much like I did on Sunday - although there was a ton of people, I had a great time checking out the new holiday and resort collections. The 1st store I hit was French Connection (Fcuk). I've always always thought Fcuk was not for me, but a camel coat caught my attention - so I went in. and O-M-G! I love Fcuk now! They have amazing beautiful dresses and coats! I loved it so much, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my NYE (new years eve) dress there. They were sexy, shimmery, and attention getting - exactly what I need for NYE. - Now I know its barely even November but I plan. I plan my outfits for big events (birthday, graduation, weddings, NYE, and Fridays). I didn't mention Christmas because my family and I don't exactly dress up ... it's just us at home waiting for midnight chicken ... anywayssss ... for everyone else planning what to wear and where you're gonna wear it in December matters! It's the last month, it's a beautiful family time, walking through the Christmas decked halls .. sighhh! I can't wait! The perfect dress is a must (cause you will be heavily photographed as well!)

Here are some Runway Resort-Wear 2010 Looks: The 1st 4 are all monotone sexy yet borderline glam. The second half, is all DVF. DVF = Resort Holiday Getaway Perfection. One of my personal favorite designers. Now, I didn't add Pucci (another favorite of mine) because I loved the DVF 2010 show. However Resort 2010 and S/S 2012 have been all about color. During the holidays, we should try to stop using Christmas red and LBD because we have other colors in the world that look amazing on all types of skin. So don't be afraid! Fashion is Fun! Holidays are Fun!
Here are some Runway Resort-Wear 2011 Looks: I didn't love love the Chanel 2011 show but it had a 1970s feel to it - full of ease, softness and bohemian love at St. Tropez. - While walking around in Soho, I walked into BCBG, and most of their holiday collection (and as you can see in Chanel & Alice & Olivia) it was all about Black & White. with B&W you will never go wrong. Simply Elegant. 

                   

Here are some Celebrity 2010 Ideas: Dualities: Bedazzled Armor. Orange Simplicity. Rock Chic & Gold Sequin.


The only recommendations for holiday wear are:
1. Remember it's probably going to be a long night - so wear very comfy heels.

2. If your holiday party is going to be outdoors you might wanna re-consider the maxi dress. I wore a maxi dress 3 years ago and by the end of the night, it was gross! it was dragged everywhere and filled with everything :S

3. Don't take a purse or wear a purse with a long strap and strong clasp! - you'll be having the time of your life and the last thing you want is noticing your purse has been stolen because you left it at the table while you went off dancing.

4. We want to wear and look our best - but again, you'll be dancing up a storm so try to avoid wearing expensive jewelry.

5. Have Fun! Don't let anyone ruin your Fun! :) 



*pictures from People.com & Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...