6.07.2010

Rome, You are One Scary B*tch!










I skipped class on Friday to getaway...I'm tired of Florence! My weekends are short and I can't really travel as much as I wish. So I said, f*ck it! I need to see Rome because it's been 6 months and I still haven't gone. Traveling to and from Rome will have its separate post - you know something ALWAYS happens to me!

I arrived at Rome around 6 and relaxed and settled into my hostal till 7. Yes! HOSTAL! This was my 1st time at a hostal! I picked a female only hostal and it was very very clean and nice! I've always been afraid of hostals ever since the movie, Hostal (obviously, who wasn't freaked out by that movie?) but Thank God it was a great experience. I talked to some of the girls for a while, one was from Holland and told me she just came back from Nicaragua! She was living in Nicaragua for 6 months with a family in Jinotega and Leon. She says she went on a coffee growing and carving trip. I didn't even know they offered that as a travel package! How random! Before I started walking, I posted the last post "Open Book" - the train ride to Rome got me thinking as I stated.

So I started walking at 7pm and headed to Vatican City about 5 subway stops away. Once I was there, it was surreal! I couldn't stop thinking of the Angels & Demons movie. LOL I know me and my movies! I couldn't stop picturing the part when Tom Hanks was jumping in the fountains and running around finding "the signs" LOL - It was also funny to see how they have fences to separate the masses for Mass. They have a VIP seating area (I wonder if you have to pay to sit there?) Asi que ya saben, hay Grama y VIP en el Vaticano ;) .... I was there for about 15 minutes moved onto my next stop.

I got so lost trying to find the Trevi Fountain but I found a 4-way stop that had these sexy Roman gods and goddesses statutes, called Quattro Fontane. It must have taken me 30 minutes to find the Trevi Fountain. I just started following people, it seemed like they were going there. It was incredibly packed with tourists! I was probably there for 20 minutes. Another surreal moment. It was beautiful!  I think it was like 8:30 already, it was amazing. I actually had a senior couple next to me, say to each other "Well here we are babe, in Rome, our second honeymoon and it's been perfect" (then they kissed). They were probably 75 years old. I think I almost cried! It was too sweet! I can't wait to find my husband, find a picture perfect moment at 75 years old and for him to call me babe! ooo000ooo love! (le sigh) 

... anyways! I got a great picture there and started looking for a place to eat not in the Trevi Fountain area because I wasn't getting any service there! I'd look into the restaurants and I guess they thought "Loner, please leave! You won't tip!" .... Eventually, I found a place and same thing. bad service. I had an Indian family next to me and they spent the whole time talking to their waitress in English. When I ordered a beer from her, she was like "What? No No I don't speak English" - WTF! Seriously!? - Once I oredered my food, the calzone's cheese was still cold inside, so I had to tell them to reheat it, GREATTT! Ahora si no te voy a dar propina HP!

As I was walking back to the hostal, I was scared. Rome is kinda scary. Here in Florence, you can walk around at any time and it feels very safe but Rome is dark. I had a guy follow me! No I'm not paranoid! I noticed him following me. So I stopped and walked the other way around, so when I stopped, he stopped and said "yummmm you are so pretty" - GROSS! STALKER! SCARY! - Thank God he kept walking his own way after ... I couldn't stop looking over my shoulder and speed walking.

I didn't do much in Rome. I was leaving the next morning to Ventotene at 6am. I only saw a few places and there is soo much more to see - so I'll be back!

At the hostal, I talked to the girls a little more. I don't understand what these girls do for a living. They all told me, they were just traveling from place to place. De donde sacan el dinero? This hostal was not cheap (25 euros a bed). I was in a room with 5 other girls (bunk beds). One of the girls was like "I've been staying at a 300 euro/night hotel but I decided to stay my last night in a hostal for old times sake" - WTF? 1. How old are you? 2. What do you do for a living? - I didn't ask her though, I thought it would a weird question....I should have though. - - - Man! It was the worst sleep of my life! NO habia aire so I just slept in my undies y me estaba muriendo de calor! Ademas, those 5 chicks were snoring soooooooooooo f*ckinnnnn loudddddddd! and I think one of them was sucking her thumb, she was making the weirdest noise! I tried to peak but she had the covers over her.

so yeah. that was my nite in Rome. I will be back. I missed a lot of sites, I need to go to the Pope's Mass, and go with someone because Rome is scary! It's too dark, lonely in most areas, and dirty. I didn't like it that much. However, I need to see the sites.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...