8.08.2011

MoodBoard: August 2011


I've been trying to post the most I can - I actually have a lot of ideas but when you back home (pack your two year Italian & New Yorker life in 3 suitcases) and are still trying to settle back into your third world - your mind goes crazy, culture shock perhaps?

Anyways, here's my August 2011 mood board influenced by my 2 favorite Resort 2012 looks, D&G's StarStruck Fall 2011 collection, paparazzi shots of what we will see in the following season of Gossip Girls, my Nicaraguan designer Shantall Lacayo, and 2 random prints - Middles Eastern/Central asian by Bokja and Fall's MUST HAVE Snake by YSL.

Now I am going to brag about Shantall - First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to my girl for debuting her amazing Fall/Winter 2011 collection "LATIDOS GREEN HEART" in Nicaragua and for appearing in Harper's Bazaar Argentina edition and CNN Español. Her latest collection can be best described as sensually mystic. Just think, walking through the undiscovered rainforests and rivers banks of Nicaragua and living an episode of the Discovery Channel's "I Survived" - you become the wet swampy leaves, mossy trees, and ferocious jaguar - you ARE nature, you ARE the animal. The collection is overwhelmed with high slits, seductive cuts, 'alligator spiky skin-like' details, dramatic draping, and Shantall's trademark pleats in diverse fabrics.

Shantall Lacayo's creations can be found at boutiques Portel Nous (Argentina) and Ponte Vecchio (Nicaragua) or at her atelier showrooms in both Argentina and Nicaragua.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...